Wisconsin Judicare, Inc., is a non-profit law firm dedicated to providing equal access to justice for low-income residents of the 33 northern Wisconsin counties and 11 federally recognized Indian tribes. For the purposes of this online legal advice project, you may be eligible for free legal advice/information through Wisconsin Judicare’s Northern Wisconsin Legal Advice Project if you:
- Live in 1 of the 33 northern counties in Wisconsin;
- Have a legal problem that is venued in 1 of the northern 33 counties in Wisconsin;
- Meet limits on the value of your property;
- Are a U.S. citizen or an alien lawfully residing in the United States; and
- Have a low income, as defined as a percentage of the federal poverty guidelines.
Wisconsin Judicare cannot give out legal advice on the following legal matters:
- Criminal Cases
- Traffic Cases
- Abortion Cases
- Municipal Violations
- Fee-generating cases
- Drug cases
- Political redistricting
For technical reasons, the eligibility screening performed by this site is more restrictive than Wisconsin Judicare's office intake system. If you are denied access to this site and believe you are eligible for Judicare's service, please feel free to call our office. Contact information can be found at Wisconsin Judicare's website.